Congratulations on your pregnancy!
Photo Credit: Heather Papineau Photography
I'm passionate about birth and empowering mothers through their pregnancies, labors and deliveries. As a client, we will meet at least once during your pregnancy, I will be with you through your labor and up to two hours postpartum. I will also be available for breastfeeding advice and support. And as always a 6 week postpartum meet up to check in and see how you are doing, feeling and how your adjustment to the 4th trimester is going.
I am professionally trained and certified through Hypnobabies and DONA International, the world's premiere Doula organization. I am also a certified CAPPA Childbirth Educator.
The birthing community is very important for me to be able to continue to learn and grow as a doula, so I am a member of DONA International, CAPPA, Birth Matters Tidewater, and Partners in Birth.
By hiring a doula you can:
- Reduce your labor time
- Reduce your chances of having a cesarean
- Reduce the likelihood that you will need interventions such as pitocin, forceps, or vacuum extraction
- Reduce the likelihood that you will ask for pain medication or an epidural
- Decrease the likelihood that you will experience postpartum depression
- Improve your bonding experience with your baby
- Learn to breastfeed with greater ease
- Feel that you have had an overall fantastic labor and birth experience.