Congratulations on your pregnancy!
I'm passionate about birth and empowering mothers through their pregnancies, labors and deliveries. As a client, we will meet at least once during your pregnancy, I will be with you through your labor and up to two hours postpartum. I will also be available for breastfeeding advice and support. And as always I will be in contact to check in and see how you are doing, feeling and how your adjustment to the 4th trimester is going.
The birthing community is very important for me to be able to continue to learn and grow as a doula, so I am a member of DONA International, CAPPA, Birth Matters Tidewater, and Partners in Birth.
By hiring a doula you can:
- Reduce your labor time
- Reduce your chances of having a cesarean
- Reduce the likelihood that you will need interventions such as pitocin, forceps, or vacuum extraction
- Reduce the likelihood that you will ask for pain medication or an epidural
- Decrease the likelihood that you will experience postpartum depression
- Improve your bonding experience with your baby
- Learn to breastfeed with greater ease
- Feel that you have had an overall fantastic labor and birth experience.