Birth Doula Services
Let's get together and feel alright... ~ Bob Marley
My birth doula services include:
- one free consultation for a chance to meet in person, get answers to questions you may have, and to see if we are a good fit together
- one prenatal meeting to discuss your pregnancy, your plans for your labor, delivery, and any concerns you may have
- 24 hour phone availability 2-3 weeks before your estimated due date
- continuous support (emotional, physical, and informational for you and your partner) during labor and delivery
- I will stay with you for up to 2 hours after the birth
- Breastfeeding support
- help creating a birth plan, if needed
- access to my lending library (pregnancy, labor,birth, breastfeeding, and parenting books, videos and dvds)
- community referrals and resources, if needed, to assist you in pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and newborn care
- ongoing telephone and e-mail support from date of hire
- photos during labor and delivery, if desired
- a postpartum visit to welcome the baby, discuss the birth, baby, and to help with any issues you may have
- a backup doula (if necessary)
One time fee of $700.00*
*That can be broken down into two payments, $300 at time of contract, and the remaining balance ($400) by 36 weeks gestation. Deposit for placenta encapsulation or tincture once you know for sure you will be adding the service.
Placenta Encapsulation services also available. (Click here for more information about Placenta Encapsulation)
My Birthing Philosophy
All births are powerful rites of passage for both parents and infants. For women, birth signifies their transition from maiden to mother. For the infant, birth is the entrance into human society outside of the world known in utero. Since every birth is as unique as the individual, I firmly believe that every birthing mother should be treated with respect to her needs, as well as the needs of her family. Birth occurs best when these rites of passage are honored and supported . No matter the location or who attends a birth, women need to feel valued, dignified, and empowered, especially when it comes to making decisions about how her child comes into the world. Even if the mom has an unwanted c-section, this can be an empowering experience if she is treated with respect and support. Multiple studies show again and again that a doula's support through labor and delivery minimize the number of interventions received, decrease the time in labor, and provide the couple with nurturing support through a critical time in their lives.
Pregnancy is a time of emotional and spiritual growth, as well as the more obvious, physical growth. Because pregnancy and birth are very personal and special times for families, I consider it a privilege and honor to assist mothers in birthing babies. Life is sacred.